Day 0: Packing for my two month trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
May 29th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Packing for my trip, want to travel as light as possible without wearing the same old dirty cloths:
5 shirts
5 Smartwool socks
5 Ex-Officio boxers
2 Ex-Officio Travel pants
1 jeans
1 plaid pajama pants
1 travel towel
1 pair of sandals
1 pair of hiking shoes
1 backpack
1 Patagonia Max Luggage Carry-on bag
1 small bag of toiletries
1 laptop
1 DSLR camera
1 point&shoot camera
and all separate chargers for the electronics, USB cables, etc.
(wish they can come up with a standard charger to use with various different electronics)


My flight was supposed leave La Guardia at 5:50 PM but it was delayed for almost 2 hours because a passenger did not get on the plane although he had checked in his luggage. As the pilot announced, it would be faster to track down the passenger than to go through the process of unloading his luggage.

Finally the passenger boarded the plane, a guy dressed in full camouflage outfit, looked like he just came back from deer hunting. Unknown to me at the time, he was actually part of my study-abroad program, affiliated with Brooklyn College and coming along for the trip.
Dragon AirlineDragon AirlineDragon Airline

Hong Kong Dragon Air's plane parked next to our arrival gate in Beijing.

He's the large guy in the blue shirt waiting with us for the bus to our hotel. Thanks to him we landed late in Beijing and it was after 2 AM when we finally got back to our hotel. And we had to wake up by 6 AM to be on the bus for the Great Wall tour.

Went across the street with my roommate George to get some cash at an ATM and stopped by to get a pack of cigarettes. It cost 4 yuan or 65 cents! No wonder so many people smoke in China, its so cheap!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our tour guideOur tour guide
Our tour guide

Meeting with our tour guide and waiting for the bus at Beijing


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb