December 26, 2009


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
December 26th 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The headlines of the China Daily today, "Cold wave numbs North China" and we would agree. It turns out yesterday was a very good day to sleep in and take it easy as it was record cold in Beijing. The high yesterday was about 25 and while we were walking to the subway last night it was about 15! Thankgoodness for long underwear and Lands End insulated boots!
We enjoyed having the executive cllub yesterday as we all hung out watching Chinese tv and using laptops. We skyped with my parents in Georgia as they were driving down to Florida!
Mom escaped for an hour long foot massage and could not believe how fast an hour could fly by!
After "High Tea" we headed to see The Legend of Kung Fu show. The acrobats were enjoyable and the show was fun but the theater was a little too cold for my feet.
For our last two days we have hired a car and driver to take us where we want to go to finish up our sightseeing in Beijing. We can't decide which is worse, the congestion on the streets and freeways or the crowded subways and cold long walks....so we opted for the Car! We are told the roads will not be as crowded the next two days since it is Saturday and Sunday.....we will see!
We are heading to the Olympic Park and to some museums today with the required stop at The Hard Rock Cafe for the boys!
Deb


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb