Olympic Park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Olympic Park
October 28th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The whole Olympic Park is huge, may be a couple of miles or more from one end to the other. There is the Olympic Forest Park at the end, a large park with a big lake in the middle. It is open to the public for free since 10/1 this year. Mostly just the lawn and trees in it, and an outdoor amphitheater.

The Bird Nest and the Water Cube you need to purchase tickets to go inside. Most of the time the tickets are sold out if you are not in a pre-arranged tour group. There are many black market tickets selling on the street. However I saw on the newspaper the other days. The group control the under ground retail tickets was caught. May be easier to get the ticket now until another group going to buy up most of the tickets every day.

The main area near the Birds and the Water Cube had many tourists all the times. Anything to north to the forest park is not that many people. There are many ginkgo trees for the landscape. In a few more years while they are more mature, it will add a nice tough for the fall color. A little far from most residential area to enjoy this huge park. Subway line 8 is dedicated for the park is under used. Almost every one on it is tourist not commute.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Band 1Band 1
Band 1

12 girls band second generation ?
Plaza 2Plaza 2
Plaza 2

looking south end at line 10
Plaza 3Plaza 3
Plaza 3

looking north, end at the forest park


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb