Get your snake out.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Chaoyang district » Workers Stadium
February 9th 2013
Published: February 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The fireworks fiasco was a bit quieter this year. Following the recent pollution scares, everyone was told (Hollowmen style) to 'exercise restraint'. So we thought we'd reminisce and rewatch our 2008 fireworks video... the one where the explosions were right outside our window. (The first photo on that blog is of Nan Luo Gu Xiang, which is almost unrecognisable now, for anyone who has visited in the last 4 years).

It turns out that restraint was exercised. We had the usual intense 15 minutes leading up to midnight, but after that, most people seemed to pack up and go home. And we woke up to clear skies! Well done Beijing!

You can see our video from this year
">here.

Boris, Doris and Adelloris

PS

Now that year of the snake has arrived, we think that everyone should work on their hilarious snake euphemisms. Favourites so far include 'The snake has finally come', 'Enter the snake' and 'Happy new year of the snake'. Ok, well, that third one wasn't any good but you get the idea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Boom!Boom!
Boom!
Trippy photoTrippy photo
Trippy photo

This is actually a photo of the night sky during the fireworks... we don't know how the camera did it. But this is proof that the citizens did exercise restraint and it wasn't polluted at all. Unlike every other year.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb