CHINA: Beginning to Believe & the Black Tiger


Advertisement
Asia » China » Anhui » Huangshan
February 21st 2013
Published: February 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

CHINA: Beginning to Believe & the Black Tiger. Sixteen today...my sixteenthth Provence in China...Anhui...and special it should be...sweet sixteen for me! Left Christmas Eve 2012...night train from Shanghai to Huangshan...eleven & a half hours ...soft sleeper...Denise & I bottom bunks...Simon & Anna-Louise on top. Going to Yellow Mountain...my perfect destination for Christmas...the atypical mo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 21


Advertisement


YOUR SOUL JOINING THE VIEWS...YOUR SOUL JOINING THE VIEWS...
YOUR SOUL JOINING THE VIEWS...

Civilisation goes with the mountains
THE MOUNTAIN IS INSPECTING YOUR BEHAVIOURTHE MOUNTAIN IS INSPECTING YOUR BEHAVIOUR
THE MOUNTAIN IS INSPECTING YOUR BEHAVIOUR

While you are appreciating its beauty
AS A SMILE IS THE PRETTIEST LANGUAGEAS A SMILE IS THE PRETTIEST LANGUAGE
AS A SMILE IS THE PRETTIEST LANGUAGE

Gracefulness the best self-preservation
TO LEAVE WITH THE MEMORY...TO LEAVE WITH THE MEMORY...
TO LEAVE WITH THE MEMORY...

Please leave behind your virtue



21st February 2013

WOW
How beautiful..truly inspiring :)
21st February 2013

THANKS CINDY
Hope you managed to see the photos with the music playing. Looks like I need some help how to show the music video. Until I do you can press the video link which puts you into you tube, then press the blog on the tool bar and one can see the photos while listening to the track. First time I've tried music with a blog so hope some TBers get it to work.
21st February 2013

What beautiful scenery! Sorry to hear about being ripped off for Christmas dinner, but it sounds like the proprietor where you were staying compensated with his greater generosity. As for the youtube link, I think that if you go into the text of your blog, click "TB CODE" and scroll down to the link, just make sure that it reads: bracket youtube equals code endbracket (without any additional hyperlink). I think that'll work. I hope my explanation is clear, let me know if it isn't. :)
21st February 2013

THANKS MICHELLE
I tried your suggestion and the video showed on the blog...pretty pleased...then noticed the music stopped for page 2 of the pics. So I have tried to reverse it to how I had it before because I could listen to the music as I went from page to page of the photos. All I did before was press the video link on the blog which opened up the tune playing on youtube. I didn't even have to start the video on youtube...it just played. Then pressed the blog title that had gone to the toolbar and I could scroll all the pages of photos while the music played. Maybe No. 1 should be consulted as this may be an interesting innovation.
21st February 2013

I Can't reverse it!
I can't get the video link back to what it was. When I pressed TB CODE I had the link I'd created followed by an url. I removed the url to adjust the code thus getting the video as you suggested but I can't reverse to how I had it before!
21st February 2013

I've done it. I've reversed it Michelle
My blog is now ready for music on all pages of photos again!!!Not bad for a Non-Tech head!!!
21st February 2013

And I thought us Brits were obsessed with the weather....
By the way, what happens if you don't want to pay 65 RMB to come back down again???
21st February 2013

Hi Nick
I guess if it was you...you'd still be up there...and your 3 day pass would have expired...and the tourists would be using you as a biscuit dip...for Oreos of course! You could walk down but in Winter...no Siree!
21st February 2013
CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES

Ahh! Now this I've seen before!!!
Isn't that the look your dear lady gives you after sinking your 10th pint??? ;)
22nd February 2013
CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES

Really?
We both know I couldn't...wouldn't...shouldn't
21st February 2013

Beautiful pictures...
except for the pigs.
22nd February 2013

THANKS BOB
Lucky then I only showed half my pics of the pigs!
22nd February 2013

Some great practical info in this blog
Have been meaning to get over there myself but it is very difficult to get the timing right. Summer/holidays = hoards of people. Winter = bloody cold. Then there is the mist, which needs to be just right to witness the peaks protruding through the sea of fog. Camping out up top seems the only remedy. As for the 438RMB photo…thanks for the heads up; I’ll recognize that haircut anywhere. But the photo of the murdered pig will linger longest in my mind.
22nd February 2013

JASON
Definitely timing required to see the peaks protruding from the sea of fog. Best time probably dawn which means staying in a hotel up top, which we were unable to book. When we went up when it was wet, our hope was there would be snow up top so the clouds would be lower...no such luck! Couldn't time it to have a third attempt...really wanted to see it snowing up top. We were mighty lucky to have a clear day up there. We met heaps of travellers who had no such luck. Sounds like karma to me!
22nd February 2013

Dave -- I'm glad you got it back to the way you like it. :)
11th April 2013
THE PENCIL PINE

Wow
Beautiful shot of the Pencil Pine. Looks like yet another pin on the world map for me!
11th April 2013
THE PENCIL PINE

THANKS TEOYONGSHENG
Yellow Mountain is so famous for its beauty. I was lucky to get a day up there where it was clear and the light was kind to me for that shot. Pleased that you had a look and spent the time to comment.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb