Mt. Huangshan in Anhui Pr., China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Anhui » Huangshan
June 28th 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Huangshan or the Yellow Mountains as they are called in English are named after an emperor who was called Huangdi (shan means mountain).

Jingjing and I found a clean and small hotel at the bottom of the mountain in a town called Tengkou. We rose early and started our climb up the eastern flanks of the mountain around 7am, and after a harsh 3 hours of non stop climb to an elevation of 1800 meters we reached the plateau of the mountain chain which obviously led to more peaks and even more climbs!

In total we hiked roughly 30K"m in a period of 10 hours, which enabled us to exit through the western trails.

I am still partially in pain (over a week after the climb) which has led me to the conclusion that I will not climb Mt. Kinabalu a 2nd time (I will be arriving in East Malaysia in 1 week) which was about 1000000 times tougher!

Words cannot describe the beauty involved in this hike! The scenery was absolutely mind blowing. And my words can definitely not describe the beauty so why not let the pictures do the rest!!

All the best to everyone! Tons of love and kisses from Oriental Negros in the Visayas of the Philippines! (More about the Philippines and the rest of China will follow)

xoxoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

big time hikerbig time hiker
big time hiker

for a price u can get anything in china!


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb