THE YELLOW MOUNTAINS IN CHINA


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Anhui » Huangshan
March 25th 2019
Published: March 25th 2019
Edit Blog Post

DAY 1

The alarm was set to 6am Saturday morning. We had to travel with train from Ningbo to Hangzhou and then again from Hangzhou to Huangshan before arriving to The Yellow Mountain. We arrived to The Yellow Mountain southern gate by bus at 3pm. Because we didn’t have that much time before the sunset we chose to take the Yungu Cable Car to the top. If you have the time, you can hike all the way up. At the top, we walked from the Mushroom Pavilion to the Harp Pine. From the Harp Pine, you could walk to the Beginning-to-Believe Peak. From the Harp Pine we walked to Black Tiger Pine before we arrived at your hotel, Beihai Hotel. After checking in at the hotel, we walked to the Bright Top to see the sunset. It was really crowded when we arrived but the beautiful scenery didn’t stop us from enjoying the sunset with a cool beer. After watching the sunset, we passed the Flying-over Rock and walked to the Xihai Hotel where three of the girls were staying. After a long day of travelling and hiking, we all went for the buffet at the restaurant. After dinner we all went exhausted to bed, ready to get up at 4am the following morning to see the sunrise.

DAY 2

The next morning we meet at the hotel lobby at 5am, ready to walk to the Bright Top to see the sunrise. It was still dark and cold outside; I was wearing three layers to stay warm. When we arrived to the top, all the people who had gathered to see the sunrise surprised us. Again was the beautiful scenery spectacular. After watching the sunrise, we passed the Tianhai Hotel and hiked to the Lotus Peak that is the highest summit. Because we arrived early at the top (approximately at 8am) there were only a few other people at the top besides us. After an hour, due to the peak season, the top began to get crowded and so did the routes from the top. After the Lotus Peak we walked down the mountain and passed the Greeting-guest Pine before taking the Yuping Cable Car down to the southern gate. From there, we had to take several busses to get to Huangshan train station and further trains to get home to Ningbo.

TIPS

Even though a visit to the Yellow Mountains can be a bit expensive, I’ll recommend an overnight in the mountains because then you have the possibility to enjoy the scenery without too many tourist that visit the mountains as a one-day trip. The cable way closes at 5pm so thereafter you have the mountains for yourself – with other overnight guest of course.



Bring some extra warm clothes. It’s cold on the top so it is a good idea to bring some extra layers. Furthermore, you pass several small shops on the paths but these are also very expensive. Therefor, I’ll recommend you to bring a lot of snacks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DAY 2DAY 2
DAY 2

Before the sunrise
DAY 2DAY 2
DAY 2

The sunrise
DAY 1DAY 1
DAY 1

The sunset
DAY 2DAY 2
DAY 2

The Yuping Cable Way


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb