CHINA: FACES OF ANHUI


Advertisement
Asia » China » Anhui » Cheng Kan
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

CHINA: FACES OF ANHUI. I lost a tooth in Shanghai...bit on a peppercorn in a duck-laced caesar salad...affecting my smile for the rest of the trip...smiling for photos with my mouth shut! Waited for a train...heavy packs...zillions of Chinese also waiting. Then one seat became vacant...walked towards it to try to secure the seat for Denise...the guy next to it smiling broadly to me...beckoning ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 95, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

THE CHEFTHE CHEF
THE CHEF

Pine Ridge Lodge Tongkau
WAITING FOR A TRAINWAITING FOR A TRAIN
WAITING FOR A TRAIN

Next stop...Ming Dynasty digs by the canal



2nd March 2013

Ohh...Mr Xao Ba Co......
Now, some of us know how you really lost that tooth of yours.... or have you forgotten the incident with Polly??? ;)
2nd March 2013

Ohh
Depending which lost teeth you are talking about...this blog is about the one I lost in Shanghai!
2nd March 2013

Great portraits again...
16th province...so you do have a goal.
2nd March 2013

THANKS BOB
Anhui is a visually beautiful provence...landscapes...portraits...my 16th. I had aimed for my 15th, 16th & 17th Provence this trip...still others to visit...yep I definitely plan to do more.
2nd March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

A friend in need
You know if you weren't the lawyer of a dentist...I do wonder.
2nd March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

JASON
I checked with my prosthodentist and he advised the teeth can grow longer to fill the gap, which explains why this chap's middle teeth are longer. A number of the folks in Cheng Kan were missing their middle teeth completely, so dental issues in some rural areas are critical. Fortunately my smile is under repair, so I'll be smiling the pearly whites before you know it.
2nd March 2013

Great portraits
You know our Ayi was from Anhui province. She didn't return after Chinese New Year. Just gonna have another look through your portraits to see if she crops up.
2nd March 2013

AYI
Dear me Jason...scared another one off...Jennifer will not be pleased.
2nd March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

This is one of your best ever portraits, a face (and teeth) with plenty of character!
2nd March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

SHANE
In between gigs in KL...pleased to hear from you. He was excellent company...chattered incessantly as we walked along...couldn't understand a word...didn't matter. Not only were his teeth longitudinally grown to fill the gap...his left ear was decayed...which you can also see in the photo. And he loved having his photo taken...so with pleasure I complied!
3rd March 2013

You are the master.
Gotta watch those peppercorns, they can be bad news. Once again really great photos and love your ramblings.
3rd March 2013

THANKS DAVE & MERRY JO
I hope you also heard & enjoyed the music with this blog...my favourite Chinese track...Teng Ge's "Heaven". The way I have posted the video allows you to have the music playing while you view all pages of photos. I believe this is a TB first, as usual posting of video switches off if you go to page 2. This does not happen my way!
4th March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

Great photo. I was hoping you would add a portrait of yourself minus one tooth for comparison!
5th March 2013
FOUND A FRIEND

Thanks Michelle
Photos of my toothless amile on TB...You know I'm the shy, retiring type! Hope you enjoyed "Heaven"...its back...yippee!
11th April 2013

Lovely portraits
A few photos stand out for me, especially of Father Gabriel and those in Cheng Kan. Beautiful!
11th April 2013

THANKS TEOYONGSHENG
You will see I love portraits. I have a number of portrait blogs that excite my soul. Maybe as a member of Travelblog my photography is improving...at least I hope so. I have never had the opportunity to share photos before I joined Travelblog. A number of your photos are very impressive so keep practicing and sharing them.

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 18; qc: 35; dbt: 0.1953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb