Watching My Wife Get Crushed by an Elephant


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia
February 26th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Phnom Penh - Sen Monorom - Kratie Death may be one of the two certainties in life, but unlike taxes, it certainly doesn’t have to be boring. It’s true that we can’t all choose the way we go, and it’s true that in most cases death will stick to the biggies such as heart failure, cancer or daytime television, but every so often death will try and find someone in the most bizarre of circumst... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Irawaddy Dolphin, Kampi near KratieIrawaddy Dolphin, Kampi near Kratie
Irawaddy Dolphin, Kampi near Kratie

The endangered, one of a kind, worlds only freshwater dolphins inhabit the waters of the Mekong River.
More Dolphins, Kampi near KratieMore Dolphins, Kampi near Kratie
More Dolphins, Kampi near Kratie

See getting a photo of these buggers - nearly impossible. I ended up with hundreds of snaps of the water as Vik or the boatman shouted "Over there!" as one disappeared from sight. We both hoped they'd be more like Flipper and arrive at the side of the boat with a beachball and a crazy squeaky "Eh-eheh" laughing noise.
The Road to Kampi from Kratie...The Road to Kampi from Kratie...
The Road to Kampi from Kratie...

...is one of the most amazingly beautiful roads I've ever seen. Virtually a straight line along the Mekong, life here goes on, undisturbed by the passing flow of tourists who have eyes only for dolphins. Do yourself a favour and take your time down this road - we were both amazed and gobsmacked by it. Stunning.
Service Station, 75km from Phnom PenhService Station, 75km from Phnom Penh
Service Station, 75km from Phnom Penh

One of the delicacies on offer at Cambodian roadside services is... deepfried spider. I can't begin to describe how tempting they look...
Special Muscle WineSpecial Muscle Wine
Special Muscle Wine

This stuff is advertised everywhere. Mainly the adverts demonstrate how you too can get the girl of your dreams thanks to Special Muscle Wine and Golden Muscle Liquor. Its combined with deer antlers and Chinese herbs you know...



12th March 2007

Yay for not dying ridiculously!
You go Vikki - I couldn't go that way either. And Robbie, keep up the writing. I'm drowning in jealousy, but that one might be hard for the coroner to ID!
12th March 2007

2 Vics.
1) Bob, you could give Victoria Wood a run for her money with that mini sketch. 2) Ms Brown, you are conspicuous in your absence from the photos. Is your hair a mare? If so I can ask my hairdresser for some hot sticky weather treatment advice seeing as how he is this years British Hairdresser of the Year, a'la Charles Worthington / Nicki Clarke. Check out Gareth West on the interweb - he's the hairdresser I've been going to in Knutsford since Alan started working here. This is my fav current story!
13th March 2007

Charlton Heston
Meant also to say that the Ten Commandments was on telly the other day while I ironed a big pile of baby gear (which is futile by the way as Beth pukes on everything she wears within approx ten seconds) and the Burning Bush in that flick is not a patch on your bush missus. I rated it 5 incidentally. Have you rated any of ours?
16th March 2007

I thought that was your room at Royal Bank Court there!
19th March 2007

another wee classic
Hi Robbie, Another wee classic that had me snorting out loud! You won't have to write the book of your travels when you get back, it's alive and well and growing naturally as you go.. Pass on love to Vikki, and congratulations for surviving Occasionally Bob as well as the beasties big and small for so long...

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 15; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb