Day 45: Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 12th 2018
Published: May 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We headed to the beaches of Sihanoukville and were faced with heavy thunderstorms for the majority of our stay in this little beach city. The city is made for sunny days so admittedly it ruined it a bit for us. However stayed at Monkey Republic where all the backpackers go for drinks around the pool and drinking games on the night which was great fun. Highly recommend this hostel. We loved to hostel itself but we were a little disappointed at the turn out of travellers as it’s off-peak season, therefore it’s much more quiet around this time of year. So, we decided to head to Otres beach (party beach) which was annoyingly dead quiet aswell. We eventually found a really cool hippy beach bar called Happy Mushrooms and relaxed with a few pitchers by the sea. It was a blurry tuk tuk ride home to say the least...
Our stay in Sihanoukville was short due to traveller-emptiness and bad weather, but when the sun burnt through the clouds the beaches were glorious and the bars were super chilled.
The monsoons have forced us to head inland rather than to continue heading down the coast. Our next destination is the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb