Laos - Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
February 23rd 2017
Published: February 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Fun GroupThe Fun GroupThe Fun Group

Drury Me, Margo, Micki, and Javier all having a drink at a great bar in Vientiane
Today we are off to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We are flying on Vietnam Airlines on an A320. I had asked at the counter for an aisle seat or exit row, but he said he didn't have any so I got stuck on a window seat with no window right in front of the exit row so my seat didn't recline. I guess the guy at the counter really didn't like me. Anyways it was only an 1.5 hour flight so it wasn't too bad, but it was a full flight.

We all boarded our new bus in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and this is by far the nicest bus we've had so far on the tour. It has so much leg room it is amazing and everyone has two seats to themselves. It also has a great A/C system which we are all very grateful for as it is extremely hot in Cambodia.

They dropped us off at a local arts school while they took our bags to the hotel. We watched the kids dance and Eddie and I even participated by doing a stick dance. It was a lot of fun. We then saw some of the kids drawings and heard them play some music. It was a great school and we wound up buying some of the children's art to support the local school.

We were then taken back to the hotel where we could relax for a couple of hours so of course, Drury, Margo, and I all went down the street to go get massages. I know everyone reading this blog is probably shocked by all of the massages we are getting. But when you can get a foot massage for $7.00 and a full body massage for $10.00 you kind of want to take advantage of it. We all decided to get foot massages this round. It was okay as it was not as good as Bangkok, but it was still a relaxing massage.

We met up with some people from our group and a local wine bar and all had some wine and snacks before returning to the hotel and heading out to dinner. We had dinner at a local restaurant and the food was good, but it is starting to all be kind of the same as it usually starts with some vegetable soup, some rice, a meat dish to put on the rice, a plate of mixed vegetables, and then for dessert some fruit. The dinner was very good, but it is getting a little repetitious.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel for bed as we were all meeting at 8am to tour the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Eddie and I doing the stick danceEddie and I doing the stick dance
Eddie and I doing the stick dance

This was fun but kind of scary as they smash the sticks together in rhythm and you have to get it right or crush your ankles
Selfie TimeSelfie Time
Selfie Time

Drury and I riding in the Tuk Tu to dinner. We liked these Tuk Tuks much better than any of the other ones in Laos or Thailand as you can actually see out of the side and they are very comfortable
Our guide surprised us with a stop at a local carnivalOur guide surprised us with a stop at a local carnival
Our guide surprised us with a stop at a local carnival

They do this carnival every night and it was one of the coolest places I have ever been. The lights and the energy were amazing. And everyone was smiling having a great time.
I ike that there is only 16 of us on this tour.I ike that there is only 16 of us on this tour.
I ike that there is only 16 of us on this tour.

We've all gotten to know each other really well


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb