Can't sleep? how about night market?


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
July 18th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Counting sheeps won't do anymore. With nights like this, better be productive and lose your head than do nothing and still end up having head ache the next day.

Late nights in Phnom Pehn is quite different from what I used to have. Back home, last full show, movie can do the trick. A drink would also be great. For the latter, I know you can do it here, but security going back home is not that guaranteed for a lot of reasons. One, not much availabale taxi cabs. This means that you can just either take tuktuk (the best choice so far if you already lost count on how many bottles you had finished), moto or the slowest one, the cyclo (if you can still find at the middle of the night). Second, since my Khmer is very limited, talking to drivers is another prob to anticipate. The last and the most crucial is the security around.


But here , there is a way to enjoy the night, night market. Open only from Friday to Sunday early evening till midnight. A lot of products are sold in cheaper prices, (if your patient enough to bargain). A lot of foreingers hang around since most of the items are worth buying as souvenirs. It has also a free entertainment. About 3 singers takes turn in serenading the visitors. So if your tired roaming around, you can sit for awhile and listen to khmer songs.


So after a week of hard work in school, we treat ourselves to night markets, either to dine, buy new things, window shopping or just plainly nothing.

Isn't it a nice way of killing the time especially when you're stressed out?



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 61; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb