14 October 2007


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
October 16th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Anglican-Episcopal ChurchAnglican-Episcopal ChurchAnglican-Episcopal Church

Not big, but very nice & friendly.
Ok folks, we're connected to the outside world once again!

Even though this posting is dated 14 October, I'm doing it on the 16th. Our Hotel lost it's internet connection entirely on the 14th, and I ended up with something like heat exhaustion on the afternoon of the 15th (I'm OK now).

Now to catch up.

We lazed around the Hotel on the 14th until it was time to go to church. Since the Anglican-Episcopal Church was on the way to the LDS service that Renee and the boys went to we all shared the same Tuk-Tuk. We had a little problem finding the Anglican location, but finally made it. I was drenched with sweat by the time the thing finally started and I was sitting in the shade....

I was brave and took a moto (motorcycle taxi) back to the hotel. Driving in Phnom Penh especially, but Cambodia in general is not for the faint of heart. Basically if someone wants to do something or go somewhere (either on foot or in any kind of motorized vehicle), they just go for it. Amazingly, traffic just coninues to flow around them. I don't know why, but it works.

After Renee and the boys got back, we went to to the central market. It's a huge bazaar with indoor and outdoor stalls selling everything you can think of. In glorious mayhem and noise.

From the central market we walked past the U.S. Embassy to Wat Phnom. One of the big Buddhist temples and landmarks in Phnom Penh. Wat Phnom has a colony of fruit bats and a free roaming troop of macaques. Plus various and sundry assorted human characters as well, from families enjoying a day in the park, to Buddhist monks, beggars and free-ranging entrepreneurs.

OKI, i've just spent the last 10 minutes uplaoding one photoa and our schedule can't handle me uploading 30-40 more. Soooooooooo, I will have to close this post out with the news that we are in Seam Reap and have toured the ruins of Bayon (we rode to therr on elephants!!), Banteay Kdei, and Ta Prohm. Tomorrow (Wednesday 17 October) we finally get to Angkor Wat in the morning.

This is it for this postihg until I can find another internet cafe with a faster connection.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb