Cambodian and Vietnamesse


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Tonlé Sap
May 9th 2010
Published: May 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After few days staying in Siem Reap. I decide arrange tours to cruising through Tonle Sap lake to see floating village. We start at 4pm and take roughly 40min to reach that place from center of Siem Reap city.
Riding with a Tuk Tuk will give some exposure of Cambodian villagers. They still using candlelight
as a lamp, cow and colt as main trainsportation, children playing with a dust. This is very native, while i still remember my mum told me that i can see Malaysian 50years ago.

The boat ticket cost USD15, and we start cruising the river. No accompany, only me, boatmen and his conductor. I can't recalled their names ( i got bad memorize d😉 ) Got a lot of shuttle boat that come and go between this river, that is good business for local people as well.

According to the conductor ( I assume he as my guide as well ), this lake is divide by 2 community of people, Cambodian and Vietnamesse. During raining season, the Cambodian will go back to land side and be a farmer for the whole season, while Vietnamesse will stay at the lake and be a fishermen. Rumour saying that they can't cooperate each other is not true at all by seeing this harmony bunch or people living together.

Go surround the lake, visit crocodile farm, see how the villagers survive by living floating on the lake.
It such an amazing experience and i'm still thinking what are they doing at this time.

Till then...




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



11th May 2010

Cambodian and Vietnamese
Actually there are no Cambodian people living in those floating houses. They are all Vietnamese, they don't have any houses on land, and they are there all the time. If you paid enough attention, you would recognize Vietnamese spoken and Vietnamese written (in Latin alphabets) here and there. They're all struggling to survive every day because very little fish left in the lake. Happy travels!
15th May 2010

Thanks for your info. Maybe this 2 guys ( the captain and his assitant ) is vietnamesse too. We don't even know right .? LOL

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb