Siem Reap, Cambodia - a place and the people close to my heart


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
October 9th 2016
Published: October 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Many have travelled in the past and appreciated the majesty of the Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, Banteay Kdei, Ta Promh in Cambodia, and many will visit in the future. The beauty of the temples and the history that goes with them will never fade away. But that is not my only intent of writing this blog. Sure, I would like to share with you my experience of visiting the Angkor Wat and its stunning view... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




9th October 2016

The land of smiles
I can feel your heart in your blog Tab. It is indeed humbling to be the recipient of the open hearts of people in Cambodia and hearing the stories of their lives. How could so many have their families killed and uprooted by the Khmer Rouge and be so accepting of their lot with smiles and generosity no matter their economic situation. Cambodia certainly challenged my perceptions and countered my conceptions. Your blog brings me back to our time with our guide in Siem Reap who had supported and cared for his family since he was 9 and notwithstanding he had no TV or computer at home, researched Australia each evening so he could understand and connect with us better. Very humbling indeed.
9th October 2016

The land of smiles
Your caption is so appropriate, Dave - indeed it's a land of smiles. It sure challenges the perception how the have-nots of this world gather their lives together rising from the ruins and face the world with lovely smiles. It brings back my faith in humanity despite the fact that war still persists in so many parts of this world,- a beacon of hope still lights up in other parts. I really appreciate your comment, Dave!
12th October 2016
P032-2

The humanity of travel
Priceless
12th October 2016

The amazing people of Cambodia
So good to read your work again. A harsh history develops strong and kind people. We enjoyed this part of the world and it was great reading your impressions. Sunrise and sunset are so amazing in this location.
12th October 2016

The amazing people of Cambodia & The humanity of travel
Dave and Merry, Thank you so much for your comments...means a lot to me. You are so right, harsh history develops strong and kind people indeed. The people there really touched my heart. I still think about the homeless lady....I wonder how she is doing today with her child. I still can see her face when I close my eyes...a look of disbelief when she saw the few dollars I gave it to her. We have so much here, but we complain so much! I haven't forgotten your request of writing a blog about my experience in delta of mangrove forest. That will be the next. Actually, last month I had an encounter with a bear as well. I will narrate this with some of the experiences of my dad who lived and breathed in the green forests due to his work. I am also taking your advice of taking swimming lessons. Not doing so well though. I am heading out to Indonesia end of November and I would like to learn some at least. I am trying!!!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb