Day 58 Cambodia, Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
December 20th 2014
Published: December 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,



Today we had a day off the cycling, and just explored around Siem Reap. We firstly headed to the Peace café, which is mentioned in the Lonely Planet; they sell amazing health food, vegan and juices, I was in heaven, Neil however couldn’t understand why there weren’t meat options on the menu….



After breakfast we headed to Les Chantiers Ecoles, also mentioned in LP, it’s a school specialising in teaching wood and stone carving techniques, silk painting, and lacquer ware. We walked round the stools and rooms watching the process of the various carvings. It was really interesting; we wanted to buy everything in the impressive shop at the end!!!



Neil was like a kid in a candy store when he brought some bluetooth Beats by Dre headphones for $20, they have to be fake but work perfectly and are amazing quality!!! (I was very sceptical but happily surprised)



We then headed around Pub Street and all the markets in the area. We looked at menus for ideas for lunch and dinner too. Neil shown more guts than me as he put his hand in the fish pedicure, it was horrible I put my finger in and no no no never again!!!!



We had a chilled afternoon around the pool at the hostel, although the pool and sunbeds go into the shade during the afternoon, which is a shame.



In the evening we went to Temple Club, which has a really good menu (slightly more expensive) and a free traditional dance show. It was recommended in LP, it was good but we didn’t stay for all of the show.



That’s all for now





V&N


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



19th June 2018

Beats by Dre headphones
Hi. Just curious as to how the wireless headphones went in the long run?

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb