Siem Reap - Temples of Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 25th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The next 5 days were spent in Siem Reap, Hannah and my last destination together before she flew off to India.

Arriving here, we found a nice young tuk tuk driver named Rady who took us to our guesthouse. Siem Reap is known for the Temples of Angkor Wat, in which we decided to purchase a visiting pass for 3 days worth (I am a geek when it comes to ruins, they make me happy). Rady picked us up from our guesthouse later in the day to go and get our tickets and on purchase, you get to go and see sunset. Unfortunately for us, when we got there it was raining and we saw no sunset. We purchased pink plastic raincoats - we looked stunning.

We arranged with Rady to pick us up early in the morning...as in 5am so we could go to see sunrise over Angkor Wat temple. Sadly, again, no visible sunset 😞 But we spent at least 6 or 7 hours going round different temple ruins. I loved it! I think I mentioned I was happy to Hannah far too many times. Angkor Thom was one of my favourites. It had many faces in the stone.

Just outside of the temple entrances were women and children everywhere selling their bracelets, scarves, clothes, postcards etc. It did get annoying after some time as everyone would come up to you but sometimes you just have to learn to either ignore and walk on or just sternly say no.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb