Part II - Siem Reap Cambodia - July 4 to July 7


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 8th 2013
Published: July 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On the Fourth of July, we left Yangon to travel to Siem Reap Cambodia... The plane to Cambodia was a very small plane with just double propellors- it was a riot being on it.. Felt like I was going old school. When we landed we walked down the stairs on to the jet way and then across the street to the main airport building. The hotel we were staying at sent a driver to pick us up. The hotel was great; we were on a privelaged floor which included food/ drink, daily spa treatments, a driver and tour guide each day and a few other perks. Cambodia is absolutely beautiful.. I would recommend traveling there to experience it for yourself. We had an action packed 3 days to take in as many temples as we could, see the Silk Worm Farm and do a cooking class. We managed to fit a spa treatment in each day too 😊...

The famous temple in Siem Reap is Angkor Wat which means City Temple, within the same area as Angkor Wat there are several other temples which we made sure to see. The one I know which my nephews will like the most is the Temple which was used to film the movie Tomb Raider. It was such an amazing experience seeing all of these temples and learning more about this culture. The cooking class was fun, the chef took us to the local market which was very different from the local market we experienced in Yangon. We then went back to the hotel by the pool where they had a whole mini kitchen set up and private table under a tent for us to eat lunch. In this class, the Chef put us to work we chopped well Wing chopped, we smashed, we mixed and we got to cook and stir. The food was really good. The time went by so quickly it was such a whirlwind.

So many of the temples had high climbing- I made it up a few but then passed on the remainder, the virtago and height issue kicked in big time and didn't feel like tumbling down some very heavy stones. Wing was very brave and went up to all of the high places so I lived through her going up there and then filling me in 😊

Our favorite temple was the Bayon which is not as popular as the Angkor Wat but it was so beautiful and very peaceful. It was my favorite out of all of them. Enjoy the pictures.. Next trip - Back to Boston for the Golf Tournament and to catch up with family and friends in August.



Sue


Additional photos below
Photos: 168, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Bracelet of flowersBracelet of flowers
Bracelet of flowers

given to us on our arrival


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb