Day 6 & 7


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 21st 2012
Published: September 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

By day 6 after all the hard work we had been doing, some people had become a little more tired than others. So they decided to stay back at the hotel and have a bit of the rest while the others went back to help out at the orphanage. Today because of the smaller group attending we couldnt really do as much as we had planned too, and although we continued to build the brick wall the heat made us have another set back! It also got to 41 degrees!

Day 7

Day 7 was our last day at the orphanage, it was a sad day for all but it was a rewarding one. There were no classes and building today, just spending the day with the kids playing and helping cook our lunch. Some of us also went to the local market to get some school bags for the older kids. We ended up buying 14 bags! They will be useful and more beneficial for the older kids at the orphange because they attend highschool and need to carry more books. They were absolutly over the moon with them! After lunch we got all the kids to come and sit in their new dance hall which we actually paid for the the roof, and gave them some other presents. The teachers brought crayons and some of us kids brought them some toy koalas and kanagroos! Although they were all very happy with them, some of the boys thought it would be funny to rip of the heads of the koalas and kanagroos and swap the bodies and heads around! The kids then put on a little show for us and did some traditional Cambodian dances for us, which they were ALL extremely good at. They then wanted to show us all how to do the Bamboo dance. We all had a go and it was an amazing feeling to have concorde it. We then said our good-byes and said thank you to Sam and Sean for having us. It was an amazing experiences for everyone and something I hope we never forget.



Challenges.

Advertisement



30th September 2012

Cheer cheer the red and the white...
Geez Louise... ripping heads off stuffed toys and swapping them around? What have you guys been teaching those kids? Pass on Melbourne's commiseration to Mr Barker and his beloved Hawks...a very intense, very entertaining game of football saw the Swans pinch the flag. Any talk of Aussie Rules football must seem like a different universe for you guys! Well done on gritting your resilience and getting through the heat to help with the wall and the kids.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb