Sunrise at Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 10th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we were up at half 4 to beat the sunrise to Angkor Wat. It was a disorientating experience and once we got outside we were reminded of how quickly the sun comes up. Chased the sunrise on a tuk-tuk along the river which was lovely in itself and we made it to see the sun come up behind the Wat. The sight was beautiful, not the clearest day but actually we learnt it was well worth getting up so early as by 8 or 9 the heat was incredible. The heat here is much drier and you really feel it. We made our way to get something to eat and chatted with a 6 year old girl selling postcards. Asked her why she wasn’t at school and I was happy to see that by 8 she was in her uniform and on her way. She even asked if we wanted to come see her school, she was really cute and also a very clever little girl who made us laugh a lot. We spent the day seeing as many of the sights as possible, including Angkor Thom where tomb raider was filmed J It was so hot we both felt asleep in the shade after lunch. Catching up on ancient Angkor history was exhausting and everything is so spread out but it was absolutely amazing, very rewarding and I’m so pleased we went. We saw the sunset on Phnom Bakheng, headed back and had Thai for dinner.



So grateful we opted for A/C, Peace and Love to all at home, Katie x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb