Siem Reap & Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
January 5th 2011
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After more than 14 hours, we arrived in Siem Reap, checked into a questhouse, which we left the next morning. It was not too bad, but a real contrast to what we had the night before in our resort, so we looked for another guest house and found one. After that we hired a moto which took us to the temples. For 2 days we paid a heavy entrance fee of 40 dollars!!! …However, the Ankor Wat & Ankor Thom were truly impressive ruins. At the end of the day we were exhausted. Although we were brought and picked up from every “Wat”we were tired and thirsty. Within 2 hours we finished 2 liters each, as the heat was almost unbearable.

The next days we went to see the rest of the wats and the Roulous Group (9th century) which temples are even older than the Ankor Wat(12th century).

The day after “tempeling” we relaxed, had massages, and went to the fish doctor (little fishes eating our dead skin of our feet).

Our lasts days in Cambodia were in Phnom Penh. We went to the killing fields and met our friends Jule & Marc once again. Phnom Penh was really smelly and full of beggars. Not a really attractive city for tourists.



Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb