Bangkok to Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 5th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have acquired a new friend in the form of Lucy’s camera case a fluffy lilac sock.. Lucy selected the appropriate name Chezza the dancing sock in Bangkok. Lucy we have videoed a dance I think we are becoming delirious but we found the dance hysterical.. will load the video on here so you can have a piece of the action.

I was slightly surprised when Lucy arrived with a giant sized bottle of the new Vera Wang perfume.. I am positive that it weighs 1kg and Lucy insists on carrying it everywhere and spraying every 2 minutes. After my laughter at the weighty luxury item for a backpacker she is now set on trying to use it up and is spraying every 2 hours even though I’m sure she will develop a rash at this rate she needs to ‘use it up as soon as possible’ she offers it to me as well maybe we could try selling some to the travellers who stink on the buses... $3 anyone? She reaffirms that it is lovely perfume.

We set about packing up at the D & D Inn, I had been there for 10 days needless to say clothes strewn all over the place and Lucy under my instruction was attempting to cull some of her things. I had sent a detailed list of what I had including 1 x skirt, 1 x shorts, few tops 1 pair of flip flops, sandals and trainers and a few dresses. Lucy has 4 pairs of shorts, 2 longchamps bags (sensible colours of white and beige), 3000 tops, 20 dresses, 3 pairs of ‘normal flip flops’, 2 towels, 2 pairs of sandals, trainers and my favourite part of all A PAIR OF PEEP TOE HIGH HEELS!! Seriously the shoe part is true! She really does make me look like an expert backpacker.

The next morning we were up at some ungodly hour and downstairs like tight backpackers trying to get breakfast before it had even been cooked. We were kept waiting half an hour until 8am for the bus and then even once we left the Ko San area we didn’t leave Bangkok until after 10am as we had we had an extra stop to collect 4 girls who turned out to be Lucy the tour guides worst customer yet, we have only managed to properly escape them now 3 days later. We reached the Thai border to the usual Thai scams of the visa being about 3 times the price but this time I had an e visa and we told everyone in the group to say the same and they did theirs at immigration so they must have been disappointed with our mini bus that day... These 4 girls proved to be good comedy value, we were completing the forms with them and faced with the following questions: ‘What should I put for place of birth?’, ‘What type of visa do I need?’, ‘What am I coming to Cambodia for?’ Lucy replied ‘look at your passport’, ‘tourist’ and ‘holiday maybe’ I was more with ‘F*** off’ and ‘are they retarded?’ they are on a Uni summer holiday from Nottingham which did concern me.

In the usual Asian fashion we were promised a coach but they decided to bundle us into a cramped mini bus after walking through 4 puddles and swapping buses 3 times they finally decided on one which they would like to drive. After the rest of a tedious bus journey to Siem Reap at 9pm with these losers who decided to follow us around so that they could stay at the same guest house as us... fabulous. We proceeded to bump into them several times at Ankor Wat - that was until they ‘got bored of the temples’ and instructed their driver to take them somewhere else!


Advertisement



13th July 2010

Very Wang/cockroach killer?
Haha I love it, you could always use up the perfume by using it to spray on all the horrible insects. Glad you never got scammed at the border, look out for deep fried tarantulas!! x x x

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb