Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
April 13th 2010
Published: April 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DSCF2624DSCF2624DSCF2624

tuk tuk to Angkor Wat
Next morning took a tuk tu to Angkor Wat where we brought the three consecutive day pass $40. We entered the main temple and it all seemed slightly surreal. The main temple Angkor Wat was very large and impressive. We decided to walk the day, we walked up the Angkor Thom area, my favourite there- Bayon temple = hundreds of faces on the walls they were not curved into one large stone but put together in blocs which made it fascinating and every face differed as the blocks shifted over time. Saw elephant temple then walked to ta phouem- stunning!!!! trees had grown over the top of the temple walls.. so breathtaking, the sun setting around us was really good... long long day!!! we walked the WHOLE thing in 40 degress and humid! craaazy!!! never sweated so much even in a steam room!!! even a shock how many children were begging, trying to sell bracelets and postcards.. all you hear and literally have ringing in our ears each night- "one dollar just one dollar". the next day we headed out to the Rolous group of temples.. really good to see- the oldest and in complete ruins but the symmetry and colours of the temples were amazing.. we headed back in the afternoon for some food (always involving spring rolls) we then tried out the 'temple club' heard from a friend met in NZ that the cocktails were something else, obviously we had to try them especially the strongest 'welcome to the temple' .. rude not to 😉 The final day of our pass we got up early to watch sunrise over Angkor Wat temple- beautiful 😊 sped rest of day chilled out. Siem Reap was great city, we had stayed at a lovely hostel with a nice walk along river into the town.. the town was nice and compact and the food was great.. and of course amazing temples!!! great vibe to city. Stayed at Bun Kao- def recommend amazing plce.


Additional photos below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSCF2629DSCF2629
DSCF2629

Angkor Wat
DSCF2637DSCF2637
DSCF2637

brilliant sign :)))))
DSCF2641DSCF2641
DSCF2641

steeep??!
DSCF2643DSCF2643
DSCF2643

Angkor Wat


13th April 2010

I enjoyed your post. I have always wanted to go to Cambodia. My blog is looking for travel photos, stories, accommodation reviews, and food reviews. If you have the time and have some to share, email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com Continued fun on your travels, Eric

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb