The Wild East!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 8th 2006
Published: February 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well after passing my IE it was time for another small trip and I had to do a visa run as well.

I had some company on this jolly little adventure in the form of Chicago and Gaz from the dive shop.

So we decided to head to Siem Reap and then we will be off to Phonm Pehn.

Leaving Pattaya by car we headed up to Aranya Prathet which is the border town in Thailand to cross into Cambodia and the border town of Poipet and from there it was on to Siem Reap.

Entering the border area was easy and straightforward alot more than many people or books would have you think.

There are guys on the Thai border side that will sort out your Cambodian visa for you so you do not have the hassle they charge you 1200 Baht which is pretty much around $20....You do not have to tip them I think they must be making something from it.

Crossing into Poipet you are taken by a free bus to another bus station where you can get a taxi for $44 and put 4 people in it or it is $10 each on the bus we chose the taxi route.

The road from Poipet to Siem Reap is possibly the worst road I have ever been on in my life the drivers negotiate it with a degree of skill that any rally driver like Macrae would be proud of. It is strange travelling down such a road you really wonder what the town at the end is going to look like
That saying it was fun to a degree and a exprience makes you appreciate the soft bed waiting. It took just over 3 hours and we had arrived in Siem Reap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pub Street Siem ReapPub Street Siem Reap
Pub Street Siem Reap

Still under some improvements


9th February 2006

Chicago
Scuba Bruce, That Chicago guy looks like nothing but trouble. Ask him about the time he nearly hit a pack of wild dogs while driving his car.
11th February 2006

missin ya big fella
Looks like you guys had fun?! Chicago didn't lead you astray too much I hope!!

Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb