Siem Reap, Angkor Wat and Lara Croft


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap » Knar
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we headed to Siem Reap which was 6 hours on the bus from Phnom Penh. Siem Reap was such a lovely town with a nice chilled out feeling about it. It was nice to get out of the city!



The main attraction for visiting Siem Reap is Angkor Wat which is a complex of crazy temples built by different reigning Kings trying to out do the previous by building a larger more unique temple. They really were pretty impressive – our favourite was the one with trees and massive roots growing through it – don’t know what it was called but know that Tomb Raider was filmed in it lol. We did a two day tour which took us round most of the temples – pretty awesome site but hard work especially in the heat.



One of the temples I wasn’t allowed into for being “inappropriately dressed” – what?? I was wearing my hooker boots , bikini and micro mini skirt – what ever do they mean? Lol Phil went into the temples while I waited outside. Then it all kicked off – the guy who wouldn’t let me in started arguing with a female employee and it got really heated and Japanese tourists were shouting “please stop please stop!”, then he tried to hit her and missed and she tried to punch him square in the face back again then other tourists jumped in to try and restrain him. Crazy Cambodians – and this all happening outside the temple I wasn’t allowed to go into because the bottom of my legs werent covered! Phil was gutted he missed it all and asked did I take any photos! Lol This was my second favourite temple – think it was called Temple of the Flying Fists but a may be wrong!



Next were heading off to Thailand.



Adidoes!



-Phil & Alana xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb