Angkor Temples Day 2.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
July 15th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we met our tuktuk driver again outside our hotel and got to the Angkor complex about 9am to begin our route around the next set of temples. We explored five small temples. They were in more of a ruined state than the temples we saw yesterday yet with all the dark passages, ruins and ovrgrown trees they had more of an explorer feel to them. The most prominent temple today was Ta Prohm, built in the twelth century and left in the same condition in which it was found. A lot of the temple was in ruins and looked as though it was about to crumble! To walk around it we explored many dark passages and climbed over boulders of stone ruins. Enormous tree roots coiled all around the structure as well. No wonder this temple was used in Tomb Raider!

We left before the rain could begin and got back to the hotel about 2pm. We relaxed in hammocs in the garden and luckily today was rain free, we were even offered free ice tea and peanuts which we happily accepted as a cooling refreshment! About 6pm we wandered into Pub Street and The Alley for cocktails and dinner at a traditional Khmer restaurant. Half way through the evening a small traditional street band began which enhanced the laid back atmosphere. We are not yet 'templed out' so tomorrow we are up early again for our last day at the Temples.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb