Angkor


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
February 22nd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its bigIts bigIts big

( and so's my hat. )
Miles and miles of gigantic 1000+ year old temples are scattered throughout this area. We got ourselves a three day pass and spent the first day walking around the most central and famous temples ( Angkor Wat and Bayon ) The next day we braved the soaring temperatures and hired bikes to see some of the slightly further away sights such as the jungle covered Ta Prohm and on the third day hired a tuk tuk ( in Siem Reap this is generally a kind of trailer towed by moped ) to take us to the much further away temple of Banteay Srei. You cant fail to be impressed by the enormity of some of these places and the shear amount of stone used let alone all the carving. Anyone thinking of going to Athens or Rome should really consider coming here instead. It's fairly quiet too at the moment except for the Japanese tour groups that race through from time to time. Sorry for the photo overload, it's hard to choose.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

BanzaiBanzai
Banzai

Place Your Bets!
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Nick performed his best Lara Croft by dodging the guards at closing time to get this shot.
Monks in orangeMonks in orange
Monks in orange

Just chilling
Cycling is funCycling is fun
Cycling is fun

Well it was at the start and even the end but the less said about the middle the better.
And another...And another...
And another...

You hardly notice all the little temples like this after a while.
One for the ladiesOne for the ladies
One for the ladies

( It's the ladies' temple )


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb