Ankgor What!!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
February 8th 2006
Published: February 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just outside of Siem Reap you have the largest religious buildings in the world set over a massive 27km, There are numerous temples running into the dozens but the we decided to concentrate on seeing just four one which featured in the Tomb Raider film.

Well words can't really do the place justice not having been to the Pyramids in Egypt I can only guess and say for this scale of temple it must be well on par with them easily the scale is huge and the detail in the reliefs are amazing.

I will let my pictures do the talking but needless to say it is a breathtaking site to visit that does blow you away.


The next we visited the landmine museum which was fascinating in such a stark contrast that so many people were hurt or killed and continue to be hurt and killed everyday in Cambodia.

The museum is run by a ex soldier who demines the countryside single handed around the Siem Reap province. The museum survives off donations and t-shirt sales and is also a school for victims of landmines such as orphaned children and injured kids.


We finished our stay in Siem Reap and started to plan our journey to Phonm Pehn.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Ta ProhmTa Prohm
Ta Prohm

Tomb Raider
Ta ProhmTa Prohm
Ta Prohm

Gaz and Chicago
Landmine MuseumLandmine Museum
Landmine Museum

One of the kids giving a tour


15th February 2006

Good 2 hear how things r going mate and see u pics.glad things r still all good and will speak 2 u soon. Later

Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb