Wat 110?


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
June 1st 2008
Published: June 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post


"Even from a distance and despite reading aboout it, the size of Angor Wat nonetheless gave me pause. Had it been built recently, it would be considered massive. When it was built 800 years ago, it must have defied comprehension." Nicholas Sparks- " Three Weeks with my Brother"


For years Cambodia was out of bounds for most travellers but a peace treaty in the late 90's insured that foriegners could travel in safety and explore this exotic and beautiful country. Cambodia is famous for its incredible Ankor Wat complex and we visited that and another 3.

We first went to see the sunset at Phnom Bakheng. There was very little sun because in the wet season it rains just before sunset. We wanted to take an elephant up the summit but the King & Queen of Mayalasia are visiting and had booked them all. We did get a pic of them on their way down.

Then we took the balloon ride above the temple fvor a preview. It is the kind of hot air balloon that goes up then down and is attached to a cable.

We browsed the temples in 110 degree weather. Whew was it hot but magical First Ankor wat, then Tomb Raider temple then Ankor Thom. The trees that grow around the temples are a example of nature reconquering the land. I got some amazing photos and enjoyed a jacuzzi and a masage after. Boy this is the life! We had 3 nights in Siem Reap and it was good to stay put a while.

Today we went to Tonple Lake to see the floating Village and we will end the day with a group dinner as we lose 2 people before we drive to Bangkok in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



1st June 2008

Good jump Astrid!!

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb