Angkors Away


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
November 3rd 2005
Published: November 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

TreeTreeTree

Don't I look just like Angelina?
Yea for old ruin type temples. Yesterday, along with 2000 asian tourists, several hundred europeans and australians, and one creepy slovanian, we explored wats, ta, and bantay. We had a very hot day (of both the temperature and Paris Hilton variety) and hopefully you can see some of the pics here.

We grew acustomed to the many children trying to sell us things, "maam maam sir maam, buy my postcard, 10 for a dollar, you come back" It becomes like a strange rythmic chant to accompany the surroundings nicely. Hal left me sitting at angkor because i was too hot to climb to the top, and i got picked up by the creepy slovanian " so you are travelling alone?..." Hal showed up just in time and the creepy slovanian said, "hello, you are big" that pretty much sums up that encounter.

Later on we took a tuk-tuk (a scooter pulled pedicab) to the restaraunt. The people are very entreprunerial (sorry about the spelling) and always arrange your next trip as you are finishing the first. SO sure enough as we left dinner there was Sam the tuk-tuk driver ready to take us home. They have really good eyes
Angkor WatAngkor WatAngkor Wat

A view from the top.
here, and remember everyone, despite the number of tourists. So we jumped in Sam's tuk-tuk and on our way over the bridge, poor sam didnt have enough CC's to get our ample western frames up the slope of the bridge. So he put his two feet down and began to kick. The whole thing looked a bit like he was swimming, and we were holding on for dear life. Nonetheless, it was a fantastic way to travel.

Off to the airport and Chiang Mai, Thailand where we will undoubtedly weild our purchase power like the hammer of thor.

So as they say, Orgoon and goodnight.
LOVE C+H


Advertisement



3rd November 2005

Ew
I knew there was a reason why I don't like slovanians!! So glad you guys are having a good time, and I can't wait to hear about all this in person. Much love kids!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb