Simply unreal


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, Sharon here:

Just wanted to make a short entry tonight to let you all know we are doing well and having an amazing time. The build trip was a remarkable experience and hard to put into words. We were truly at one of the most remote places any of us have been. Our vans drove down dirt farm roads until the road turned into a bicycle path. As we drove up, one of the most touching moments was the site of children from the village running across the fields to greet us as they spotted the vans.

Someone on our build team stated it well when they said "the people here have everything and they have nothing". They were the most beautiful people, full of smiles and so grateful. We were taken back on the last day when a lady was walking around the build site holding a young baby. We found out later that she was offering the baby to the group as thanks for building houses for the community. Simply unreal. There are a number of stories like this, which we'll capture for you tomorrow.

We're in Siem Reap and enjoyed a day wandering around the temples of Angkor. Tomorrow morning we have a 4:30 am start, to see Angkor Wat at sunrise. So off to bed now and much more tomorrow with pictures.

Take care, Sharon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb