RatanaKiri and the Waterfalls


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East
June 25th 2006
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Later that day we caught the bus to Stung Treng. Stung Treng lies on the Mekong River further north, and is a very popular way of either crossing between Laos and Cambodia. Unforunately, not many tourists chose to spend any time in Stung Treng, which is actually not fair, seeing that it is a vey charming town. However, a pretty tight schedule didn't leave us much time to enjoy the town, or so we thought.

We arrived quite late, and of course were greeted by several guest house representatives touting their guest house. We decided to follow one guy to his guest house, but were rather disapointed with the standard of the place. Yes, it was very cheap (US$3) but it was dark, dirty, and musty. When I pointed out the squat toilet to the guy, I was told that of course there were squat toilets here, nowhere outside would you find western toilets. Hrmpf... Well, that might work with a tourist who just arrived in Cambodia, but I know better. So, we walked out, and found a new and clean hotel around the corner (with a western style toilet) for US$5.

The next day we were all ready to depart to RattanaKiri. We had been told that the taxi driver would pick us up at 8am. We did ask for a later taxi, but were told that the only taxi departing to RattanaKiri would depart at 8am. This was the day from hell!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb