thurs day 125


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East » Stung Treng
May 30th 2015
Published: May 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After having spent a lovely few weeks travelling through Laos I decided it was time to leave for somewhere new - so the next obvious choice was Cambodia. Kate and I got an early morning boat to the mainland where we waited for nearly 2hrs for the bus to take us over the border and south ( remind me again why I got up so early!?) Arriving at the border and being forewarned about the slightly corrupt Cambodian officials! 2 dollars for a ?medical check - which consisted of filling out a form and having your temp taken! And 2 dollars for an exit stamp out of Laos!! Along with the 35 dollars for the visa! With the officials being official and def not in the mood to negotiate we handed over the reddies and had arrived in Cambodia! Getting back on the bus we were driven south to a place called Stung Treng - about 3hrs from the border. With only the tumble weed missing from a scene out of a wild west movie we stayed on the bus till the next town! This one being Kratie which was a further hour south. Greated by a eager couple of Tuk tuk drivers we were taken to a hotel for free - had everything we wanted so got booked in for a couple of nights. Kate and I headed out for a quick look around and found a nice restaurant to have dinner in - trying the local cuisine it was very nice. Heading back to the hotel we had a good nights sleep after a long days travelling.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb