Pyin U Lwin, small and cosy town


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
May 27th 2017
Published: April 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We have a little problem of getting here, I thought a train running between Mandalay and Pyin U Lwin, but we only got bad news one person said the train is not going to Pyin U Lwin and while other people said there is a train but they didn’t know the time of departure, so its worrying us because we already booked a hotel for one night.

Typical thing in Myanmar, never relying on the schedule of public transport. I read about a shared taxi, so I ask our hotel reception about it, and yes they have share taxi for 6500 kyat per person. I asked them to arrange one for us. And while the clerk calling the taxi company I heard him talking about the pick up time, there are taxis every hour, so I request to leave at 9:00 am.

Anyway, is only a 2 hour drive to Pyin U Lwin. The taxi arrived on time, and I see that we're the only passenger, but from there he drove further to pick up another two passengers. So there were three of at the back side, cramp seat and not a comfortable trip. We had one night in Pyin U Lwin, as there is nothing much to do and some people can make a day trip from Mandalay, but we'll stay for a night.



The town is very small but one thing not to missed while in Pyin U Lwin -- the horse drawn carriage, this is very famous here. We approach one of the horsemen and ask the price, first one said 20.000 kyat which I find too much so we walk away and thought we're not going to take. And while were walking, someone calling us and when I looked around one of the horsemen came after us and said for 10.000 kyat he'll take us on a tour. We get in to his carriage and we got the tour of two hours for less money.

After spending several days in big cities and coming in this little town, I thought this is the nicest place of Myanmar, but too bad there is nothing much to do. There are a few local restaurants, but certainly is not a place for a party goers. People here is friendlier than in big cities. This is not on everyone’s list, but one should spend the night and see how lovely and a laid-back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb