Rangoon Tea House, Kyaik Hmaw Wun Ye Lai Pagoda and KFC Yangon (Aug 2015)


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Yangon Region » Yangon
August 10th 2015
Published: October 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 10th August 2015

Breakfast was a local affair at the Rangoon Tea House this morning. The local staples, Mohinga and Tea Leaves Salad had clearly gone upmarket at this grand café with high ceilings and wooden floors. Food was rather ordinary even though we enjoyed the hot coffee.

Back at the hotel, we arranged for a driver to bring us to the Kyaik Hmaw Wun Ye Lai Pagoda located at Kyauktan Province. This was a temple sitting on top of a lake. Access to the temple was via the hoards of overpriced boats waiting patiently for us as we got down to the jetty. To us, this was nothing more than a tourist trap and definitely not worth the journey from Yangon.

For our late afternoon snack, we headed by to the KFC which commanded a great view of the busy street below it. This was followed by some good massage before returning to our favourite porridge stall for dinner in Chinatown.

Four days on, we probably covered the major sights in Yangon even though we are fully aware that this is just a tiny facet of what Myanmar has to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.419s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.2815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb