Yangon Explorer - 999 Shan Noodle Shop, the Yangon Circular Train (Aug 2015)


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Yangon Region » Yangon
August 8th 2015
Published: September 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 8th August 2015

We started our day at the 999 Shan Noodle Shop for this seemed to be a highly recommended place for breakfast.

We found the place to be spotlessly clean and neat together with very welcoming wait-staffs. Our soup noodles was really delicious and flavourful even though it contained only a small portion of meat. With budget friendly prices, we made a pact to return every morning before starting our day in the city.

During our time in Yangon, we tried our best in search of the best coffee at local joints. It turned out to be a rather futile attempt as we were not very satisfied with our finds. The local coffee was laiden with milk and it was too sweet for our liking. It didn't help that the coffee powder was floating on top of the drink - something that needed to get used to.

For the early part of the afternoon, we headed to the Bogyoke Market to get ourselves a Longyi. We had much fun asking the friendly vendors to teach us how to put them on properly. However, unlike H, I didn't really enjoy wearing it given the hot weather in Yangon.

Since we had some time to spare in the afternoon, we decided to ride on the Yangon Circular Train. The entire run took more than 3 hours as it covered as many stations as we could imagine. While I enjoyed train travels, this was a bit too much for me as we sat glued to our seats for the entire duration as the train made its loop slowly round the city.

For dinner, we headed to Chinatown in the evening and was pleased to chance upon a congee stall manned by a Chinese woman. It was nice in that she spoke pretty good mandarin. It helped that her congee was excellent. What a find to end our day in Yangon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb