Around Bago on a motorbike... thanks Derrick & Jillene!


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Yangon Region » Bago
October 31st 2008
Published: November 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

From Bago we had to fly Yangon Airways to Yangon... I clung to the seat the whole time as we landed and took off 3 times during the daily sircle route of the country. In my mind that just increased the likelihood of a firey crash...

Once we landed and I finished my lengthy smooch of the tarmac, we caught a local bus to bago, 2.5 hrs north of Yangon. Here is where it gets sorta cool. we got off the bus at the Bago station and were immediately harassed by touts. It was hot, we were tired and more than a little lost. This guy kept telling us to come with him and he had a tour ...yada yada yada... We still had a card of a guy Derrick and Jillene had met in 2006. A guy who could show you around the sights of Bago... and around the fee collection booths!

when we pulled out the card the tout screamed, "this is me!!" he was so shocked! So were we! In the end we spent a great evening each of us riding on the back of motorcycles with the guide and his friend taking us from sight to sight, and all in time to get to Kaiktiyo for a late bus to the Golden rock!

Bago has some lager... I mean large reclining buddhas 84meters large.. we spent some time in one of the largest monastaries in Myanmar and watched to monks as they studied, little awkward, but really cool oh and we witnessed a huge group of dogs fight another group of dogs in the middle of the monestary, nature.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb