Inle Lake


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region » Inle Lake
July 14th 2015
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Better late than never 😊

So form Bagan we took another bus to the Inle Lake the village is called Nyaung, which is basically the main village there. It took us about 6 hours to get there by bus. The bus picked us up at 9 o' clock in the morning at our Hotel and he also dropped us at our Hotel at the Lake so they really look after you. You aren't going to be lost somewhere on the way! When you are at the Inle Lake you've to make a boat trip it's absolutely worth your time. We didn't had a clue what we wanted to see but the man who took us out on the lake just showed us what he thought we wanted to see and it was perfect. We saw the Floating gardens which are very impressive and cool. Then he showed us a weaving mill where they use Lotus flowers for gaining the yarn. It's pretty cool that all of that is in the middle of the lake. There are also a lot of little villages on the lake which is just cool to see how the people live there. After the weaving mill he brought us to place where they made cigarettes, it's awesome to watch how fast they are in making there own organic cigarettes.

The whole boat trip lasted for about five hours.

As for Nyaung it's a beautyful little village which is really authentic. We loved to walk down the streets and eat in the little resteraunts there, it's also very cheap you can eat a whole meal with a drink for 3.-$.

The next day we just walked around town and talked with locals. If you ever plan to go there be sure to plan at least two till three days for going to Nyaung. We only had two days at the Inle Lake at it was just enough we both would have loved to stay there a little longer.

It's a little town in the middle of Myanmar but something is really magical about it. Just look at the pics which I uploaded😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb