I want to be a Visa and I want to get Stamped


Advertisement
Antarctica
September 18th 2009
Published: December 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

Here's a little run down of my visa requirements so far for anyone who's interested (I'm a UK citezen btw)...

Lebanon - on the border(flew in) - FREE - just a stamp - ? days(can't remember)

Syria - At Embassy (London, 3days) - 32GBP - 1 page - 1 mth(SE)

Turkey - On the border(from Syria) - 20USD - postage stamp style - 90 days(ME)
NB: depending on the port of entry the cost seems to vary between 10 and 20USD, also certain arbitary nationalities get in free - France being one I think at least the guy I was with didn't pay

Georgia - on the border(from Turkey) - FREE - just a stamp - 90 days

Armenia - on the border - (10USD or 3000AMD)/ 1 photo - 1 page - 21 days (SE)

Azerbaijan - At embassy(Tbilisi, 1hr) - 101USD!!!/1 photo - 1 page - 30 days (SE)
NB: No LOI is required at Tbilisi because the guy is a legend, similar deal for other Europeans and Israelis I met, but a couple of aussies had to wait a day, still no LOI

Uzbekistan - At embassy(Baku, see NB) - 85USD/1 photo/app. form - 1 page - 30 days (DE)
NB: I applied for a LOI and got it in 9 working days but I went to the UZ consul after 7 wd and he gave me the Visa that day(because he had recieved the LOI even though I hadn't!)
Others I've met say it takes 3 wd without a LOI
The Application form can be found here...
http://www.travisa.com/Uzbekistan/uzbekistanvisaselector.htm
The Consul is a nice guy, he even let me choose where I put my visa stamp!
To find the Consul take Bus 3 to Badamdar past the oval sign saying 'Batamdar', If you sit on the RHS of the bus, watch out for Citimarket, it's two streets before citimarket, here's a mapish...

the #3 goes from the the triangular bus station in the LP but ask around near Baki Sovieti and you'll find it.

Turkmenistan - At embassy(Baku, see NB) - 85USD/ 2 photos - 1 page - 5 day Transit Urgent
NB: Okay, best ploy is to get a LOI in London, then you can turn up at the border and your visa starts the day you enter. - I did not do this!
You must have your ongoing visa eg. for me UZ - he won't start the process without it
Without a LOI, you will write a letter that he then sends to Ashgabat and will recieve an answer in 5wd. (nothing reqd except UZ visa at this point)
He then calls you 5wd later, hopefully saying yes, you visit him, give him 45 USD(4wd) or 85USD(1 wd) and 2 photos and 2 app forms(he gives you them to fill in).
Then he will issue you with a Visa, for me at least, i had to get my visa issued there not at Turkmenibashi as those travelling by ferry(like myself) would prefer.
I wouldn't be suprised if this is different for everyone else i meet. I know most people expect at least 10wd, so maybe i got lucky.
The Consul is a geniunely ace guy, he has even agreed to open the embassy and issue my visa on his day off on Eid-al-Fitr(last day of Ramadan)
To find the consul this fine blogger Yoyo gives good directions and has a handy map ...
http://yowyowyow.com/?p=578
only addition i can think is that cascade is the name of a shop, have faith its about 5mins from the trees, it had colourful flags outside it when i was there (mid sept 09).

Afghanistan - At Embassy (Tashkent) -45USD/ 1 photo/1 copy of passport - 1 page - 30 day(SE)
Start looking for it about 7am, find it before 10am! It opens at 9-12am. He'll issue it at 3pm the same day.
I had to say pretty please, as like most people he thinks you're crazy. I had to write and finger print a letter saying that i was only going to Mazar and i knew the risks.
Remember to leave your passport the first time, even if he doesn't ask for it!
French only had to pay 30USD.
To find the embassy(It has moved twice this year) Its down an alley behind block 11 on Bobur, opposite side of the road to DHL.


Kazakhstan At Embassy (Tashkent) -30USD/ 1 photo/1 copy of passport+visa - 1 page - 30 day(SE) only
Arrive well before 9am to get on the list(at the police box). It took a day without a LOI pick up at 6pm. I was refused to apply for a ME or longer than a month, maybe if i had a LOI.

Krygzstan At Embassy (Almaty) - 65USD/ 1 photo/ 1 bank reciept - 1 page - 30days(SE) only
I was able to get a rapid service for 115USD (3wd), or slow 65USD(either 5 or 9wd) The arbitary nature of this i don't understand, they were pissed off the first time i visited.
You have to bank the money before starting the application at bta bank next to Ramstor (Pamctop) and the US Embassy. The bank know the drill and you deposit in Tenge.
10-12.30am Mon-Thu it's open and there was a queue at 10am and empty at 11am.
Couldn't apply for ME or longer than a month again, LOI might help.
Also in Tashkent the visa process is just as long, LP is out of date.

Hope this helps
SE - single entry, DE - double entry, ME - multiple entry, wd - working days

Tim

Advertisement



15th January 2010

NEED VISA TO TBILISI GEORGIA
GREETING TO YOU FROM ABB FOOTBALL CUB IN THE GAMBIA BANJUL DEAR SIR/MADAM WE WANT TO VISIT GEORGIA TBILISI AS VISITING VISA COULD YOU LET US NO HOW CAN WE GET THE VISA TO VISIT TBILISI AND GET BACK TO US WITH ALL THE INFORMATION THANKS ABB FOOTBALL CLUB ( MANAGER
29th January 2010

Hard to Say
Okay, the best people to contact is the nearest Georigian Embassy or Consulate to The Gambia, there is a list on this website ... http://www.voyagegeorgie.com/Home_fichiers/Georgia_embassy_consulate.htm I would imagine you would need to get a visa before you go, but they are trying to keep their country quite easy to access. But what might happen is that you order your visa and then when you arrive at the border it is waiting for you.

Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 100; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb