ADMIRALTY BAY


Advertisement
Antarctica's flag
Antarctica » Antarctica » South Shetland Islands
January 24th 2013
Published: January 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

ADMIRALTY

BAY - JANUARY 23- A beautiful start to our final day in Antarctica waking up to views of beautiful Admiralty Bay. No fog this morning and the seas were calm. Disappointment when the captain announced that we would not be going to the Falkland Islands because of a weather forecast of 50 mph winds and we would be tendering in. So we will be going to Puerto Madryn, Argentina instead. Many of my ship mates were disappointed with the decision not to go to the Falkland Islands, but such is the nature of these itineraries. As a result of the decision, we will not see Elephant Island either. Frankly that is not a problem for me.



So we are now headed north, back to shorter days and warmer temperatures. Saw some Orcas today but not many penguins. What a great experience Antarctica was. Had a nice dinner with people from the UK, Arizona and Texas. Then a show featuring a great Chilean flutist now living in San Francisco. I was walking near the showroom around noon and heard some nice music there, so I went in and observed a rehearsal for the evening show. I was the only guest there and enjoyed the rehearsal immensely. But I was asked to leave because it was a “private event”. Oh well, life has it’s disappointments, but I’m glad I observed what I did.



I went to the main desk to inquire about the listing the guests’ nationality. Previous cruises had listed that information in the daily newsletter, but this cruise had no intention of doing so, but they provided me with that information. There are 28 nationalities on board; USA 717, Canada 175, UK 115, Australia 58, Netherlands 50, Switzerland 34 and the rest of the nationalities less than 30 each.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ADMIRALTY BAY, ANTARCTICAADMIRALTY BAY, ANTARCTICA
ADMIRALTY BAY, ANTARCTICA

POLISH RESEARCH STATION


24th January 2013

Brrrrrrr!!!!
Wonderful pictures of your trip. Just wondering how many layers you had on???? Makes our chilly weather here in FL seem warm. Can't wait for the home picture show. Safe travels.

Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb