RIHLA #19


Advertisement
Africa
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

First, read through "High School Banned Books" (attached) - and then answer the following questions:

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?
Books are banned from school because of the use of foul language, drug use,pornographic, and sexual content.

Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.
I disagreed because books should be able to express it's real feelings in a truthful manner. Sometimes you can't make a book without these reasons. With these reason it's a true feeling and truthful book that some people can connect to and feel the same to touch the person reading the book.

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?
I don't think books should be banned at all even with certain content because if some people don't like it or don't want their children to read it then the parents should monitor their children.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
The government influences what people can and can't read because they have control over the people.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.
Any other additional thoughts or comments?
People can fight against book censorship by protesting or saying that they can use a different way to express the book.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb