Sexuality Training


Advertisement
Africa
November 6th 2011
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Okay, so before you all start looking at the pictures and say to yourselves and others, "What is he really up to?", in my defense I want to say that everything has a downside... I haven't found it in Africa yet, but trust me, I am looking for it!

What a week!

24 of us from Femina Hip were whisked away to the Kunduchi Beach Resort for a week of Sexuality Training. Located 30 minutes out of Dar, Kunduchi is an incredible resort where we lived, ate, swam, ate, sang karaoke, ate, and learned about sexuality.

The purpose of the 5 day seminar was to get us talking about various topics with regards to sexuality. This will help us when we go out in the field to talk to Tanzanian youth about whatever questions they ask us. I wasn’t originally going to attend, but reconsidered now that I am volunteering at an orphanage in my spare time, dealing with teen boys who have so many questions.

We covered topics such as Gender, HIV/AIDS, Sexual Anatomy & Physiology, Condoms, Sexual Diversity/Minorities, Abortion, STI’s (or STDs), Masturbation, Prostitution and Pornography, Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence, and Counselling.

The amount of knowledge people had in the group varied considerably. Needless to say, there were some wide eyes in the group throughout the week.

While I have no pics of the sessions, I figured I would share more photos of the resort. If you want to know more about the resort, go to www.kunduchi.com

Enjoy!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Me... Me...
Me...

I did get my haircut after seeing this picture.


6th November 2011

training
My goodness what an incredible looking resort!!!!So sad that you had to stay there for a week and attend classes. Your hair looked great!! Love ya Janet

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb