Melcom Partners Samsung In Distribution And Sale Of Products In Ghana


Advertisement
Africa
July 5th 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As part of Melcom’s quest to offer more world class brands at the best affordable prices, it has partnered with Samsung for the sale and distribution of its IT range of products in Ghana.

At a ceremony in Accra to launch the products, the Joint Group Managing Director of Melcom, Mr. Ramesh Sadhwani, noted that the Samsung brand of products is not new in Ghana and is already recognized in the market as of very high quality with modern, up-to-date design with state-of-the-art technology.

“We are confident we can promote the brand successfully in the market and distribute the range throughout the country.

He said the range of Samsung IT products include laptops, printers, LCD monitors, digital cameras, camcorders and their accessories, adding that with the assistance of the technical experts from Samsung, service technicians would be trained locally to provide after-sales service and support to customers nation-wide.

Launching the products, Minister of Trade and Industry, Ms Hanna Tetteh highly commended the company for its contribution to the Ghanaian economy.

She said the company was providing value for consumers by providing them a variety of products.
Ms Tetteh said consumers were becoming sophisticated and always looking for products that add value to their lives.

The Minister said consistent Melcom had proved to be a good partner, who is able to provide goods which meet the aspirations of its customers.

“From one shop Melcom has grown to over 200 shops with a variety of goods to meet the taste of all consumers,” she said, adding that the company had not focused in Accra alone but all over the country.
Ms Tetteh said the new products would offer corporate bodies varieties of IT products to choose from.

At the function to grace the occasion was Mrs. Ruchi Ghanashyam, Indian High Commissioner to Ghana, Ms. Dorothy Gordon, Director-General of the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Institute Of Excellence in ICT and Mr. Raja Ko, General Manager of Samsung Electronics West Africa Limited.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb