Hey! That plane has my bags!!


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe
September 7th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Is it bed time yet?Is it bed time yet?Is it bed time yet?

Hippo wading in the Zambezi River
...and it is taxiing off the runway...

As we give our friend Alfred a hug and hearty hand shake farewell, we take with us fond memories of our time with him in Nairobi. The clouds have parted and the sun is shining brightly. The air is already warm though it is only 830 when we depart for the next leg of our journey, Victoria Falls, Zambia/Zimbabwe - one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. The plane is delayed by 50 minutes- yikes- we are scheduled for a sunset river cruise and the timeline for connections is very tight. We see Mt Killamanjaro from the air. Landing in Zambia, clearing customs is a breeze because we have our visas already- should be able to catch the cruise-yeah! Dum de dum de dum...waiting for our bags... Waiting, waiting.. Excuse me Sir, are there more bags? No? No? What do you mean no? That plane is headed to another stop- there are still bags on the carousel but no more ppl. Oh- he says this happens a lot- ok, when will our bags get here then. Wednesday??? But we leave Tuesday! Ok, now I am not happy- hey, what's that in the middle of the room, not on the carousel? One of our two bags- that wasn't there 2 minutes ago- How'd that get there? ok, well at least we will have a little something- my pants, Arnet's shirts and toiletteries..fill out the forms, tic toc tic toc... Rush to the van, rush through another country's customs since our hotel is in Zimbabwe not Zambia, rush to the river rather than the hotel- dang! The boat left 7 minutes ago And is about 500 feet from shore- yelling Africans- more yelling- here comes the boat- ha ha. Coming back to pick up the crazy tourists- and- the 30 + Japanese tourists are taking our picture- ha ha - using up precious minutes of my 15 allocated to fame! The cruise is peaceful as we drift along the Zambezi river in search of hippos and crocs. The little 3 year old beside me decides initiating a game of thumb wrestling with me is more interesting than the hippos wading in the river. We meet a delightful honeymooning couple from Italy. They hardly speak English but we manage to converse just fine as 3 of us speak French!

The sunset is beautiful. The company great. Our new lodge is awesome- 2 storey loft with sitting room below and bedroom up and a luxurious bathroom with hot water- yeah- if only I had toiletteries...

Mouahhhh

MnA

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb