Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
August 14th 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Good bye truck. But hello again to Liz and Nik. I leave Livingstone to cross the border into Zimbabwe, where Liz and Nik from the truck are already staying. First we get our night train tickets for that night, then off to the Falls again. The Zimbabwe side is much more impressive, and being slightly further back means we can appreciate it better. Although at the far end of the walk there is no barrier at all!!
Then onto the fanciest hotel for cocktails and afternoon tea! How classy, after 3 weeks camping!!

The night train to Bulawayo is interesting... We have a sleeper carriage, first class, although the trains have been let go since the country was called Rhodesia. There is no electricity on the train, so we sit in the dark, wearing headtorches and glugging red wine from the bottle. The other woman in our carriage doesn't seem to mind. The toilet no longer works are is now a hole onto the track and none of the doors close so you have to be careful not to fall onto the track!! Overall a fun experience and we even arrive on time!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb