Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
May 20th 2003
Published: May 20th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Victoria FallsVictoria FallsVictoria Falls

I think this is from the bridge between Zimbabwe and Zambia - where we did the bungee jump.
The train to Vic Falls the next evening was pretty uneventful. One of the quietest sleepers I have taken anywhere - mostly because there were not really any stops I think, but if there were I didn't notice. We had a first class cabin for the two of us with just two beds in, and it only cost $5 each. It wasn't that luxurious though - the washbasin was a nice idea, but its use had been subverted somewhere along the years since the mirrors were made - the RR of Rhodesia Railways etched on them.
In Vic Falls we arrived at 9am and walked through the town to the great backpackers - shoestring. Brian was a great host and barman and it was a great place to stay. We watched Arsenal win the FA cup and it was a relief to have no more football to watch this season - after watching the Milan derby football doesn't seem to hold the attention... I gather the European final was more of the same...
Victoria falls was magnificent. We walked all around the Zimbabwe side and got soaked and cold at times, but it was hot out of the spray. It was very high flow when we were there, at some times of the year it slows to nearly a trickle. In the evening we went to a very nice hotel and got a great four corse meal with some Zim wine for about $5 each. The crocodile was a highlight - very tasty.
Next up Zambia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb