Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
May 20th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Now that we were so close to the Victoria Falls we could of course not skip them! Went to the town called Vic Falls and stayed at Shoestring Backpackers. Great place with a pair of massive great danes guarding the place. =) Had a walk to Pizza Inn for dinner, nom nom, but the walk home was Scary! Pitch black, who knows what is hiding in the dark? Buffalos, elephants, stray dogs, crazy people... But we made it home safely. =)

The next day we walked to the Falls, about a 20 minute walk. Rented ponchos at the gate, trust us - you will need them! Since it had been heavy rainfalls during the autumn the falls were foaming and powerful! What a sight! Walked around in the park and had a great time allthough we still managed to get wet from the waist down... Hehe! The mist prevented us from seeing certain parts of the falls but it was still plenty to see. Also had a quick visit in to Zambia as we walked out on the bridge between the two countries to see the gorge where the water masses came swirling out from. Beautiful with a rainbow deep down under the bridge!

Went straight back to Kasane after the falls. -Welcome home! said the boys, and we were indeed!

Info:
Shoestring dorm $10 p/p
Rent a poncho $3
Admission to the falls $20 p/p
Transport to the Botswana border $50
Visa to Zimbabwe $30 (not for citicens of the US, Canada or UK)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb