Bleeding Zebra in River, with Crocs Attached


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
May 9th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.8546, 31.311

This morning started like all other mornings; coffee on the bluff overlooking the river checking to see what was out there. Then it was time for our walk but before we could go on the walk, Thomas and Zialesi showed up with veggies we had to check out. Got some more supplies from both of them, put it in fridge and headed on our walk.

Came back from the walk and went to the kitchen to clean the veggies and make us a brunch. Suddenly, Grevaljo hollers for Robert to come quickly and bring his camera. Out he rushes and then hollers for me to come as well.

What in the world are we looking at? It is a zebra floating down the river with several crocodiles attached to it. You look in the river and see more and more crocodiles heading to the zebra. Most of the locals surmised the zebra came down to get a drink, the large crocodile swung its tail and knocked the zebra in the water where the rest was history.

Since crocodiles cannot just bite chunks out of the zebra they were twisting it to get a bite and this was pretty gruesome to watch. But do have to remember, this is nature.

Ok, back to the kitchen and getting our food ready!



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Zebra attacked by Crocodiles at Wildlife CampZebra attacked by Crocodiles at Wildlife Camp
Zebra attacked by Crocodiles at Wildlife Camp

lion footprint impressions made by Mago. Found these lion prints over in the chalet area and got some cement to make impressions of them to show people what lion footprints look like and the fact they were found in the chalet area make you realize you must be cautious walking around.


Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb