Mosi-Oa-Tunya - the Smoke that Thunders


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Southern Province » Livingstone
July 29th 2012
Published: July 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yes, Victoria Falls is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, and it's well deserving of that accolade. It is amazing! We were planning on seeing it from both the Zambian and Zimbabwean sides, but Zimbabwe has recently increased their visa fees. There's no longer a day visa option. At $75 Canucks pay the highest visa fee and then add another $50 for a visa back into Zambia, just to see the same thing from a different angle.

This place is heaven for Adrenaline junkies. There's white water rafting on the Zambezi river, bungee jumping off the bridge connecting Zimbabwe and Zambia, zip lining across the Batoka Gorge, Abseiling down the cliff sides of the Batoka Gorge, Ultralight, fixed wing and helicopter rides along the river and falls ... the list goes on.

We're probably not doing any of the above. We enjoyed a day of walking and sitting by the falls, marvelling at its magnificance. Any thoughts of doing adrenaline fuelled activities pales in comparison to just enjoying the falls.

We'll probably settle for a cruise along the Zambezi and other boat related activities. Watch for updates.

Tomorrow, We decided to make a day trip to one of the world's premier safari parks, Botswana's Chobe NP. It's only an hours drive away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb