Getting from Mfuwe to Lilongwe at Mabuya Camp


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Northern
September 24th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.895, 31.9228

Mfuwe to Chipata to Llongwe

Were up very early because as usual did not sleep well as usually happens before we leave. Got ourselves all packed up without any problems and went and had the "full English" one last time. Robert ordered the banana pancakes but unfortunately they had no bananas so not the same!

William, the driver we had coming out to Wildlife Camp was our driver again. Said our goodbyes to everyone and we were off! We were the only passengers in the van, stopped in Chipata briefly but picked up no new passengers and we were off to the border.

We had no problems at the border, things were smooth as ever. The driver was there waiting for us and we were making good time. There were two police checkpoints we had to stop for and at one we were asked for our passports but there was no problem.

Got to Mabuya Camp and got checked in. The room was fairly small but quite adequate and we got things organized, ordered samosas and dinner and then took a rest. The cook remembered Robert and gave him some extra samosas. Dinner was nice, and they had managed to get some red wine so had a few drinks before we were off to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb